Junior Interactive Developer/PHP Programmer • Cleveland, OH
April 2013 - December 2013 (8 months)
- Created websites based on wireframes, Adobe Fireworks docs, sitemaps and customer specs.
- Built custom modules for Client CMS
- Learned new design and code practices to help reduce build time and produce cleaner code.
PHP Programmer • Arthur Middleton • Canton, OH
October 2011 - April 2013 (1 year 5 months, continued in a consulting role, maintain previous projects)
- Develop Shopping Cart and Checkout procedures to collect information for ECommerce,
Marketing Tracking and other analytic information, some of which is used in future marketing strategies.
- Working in a 2-3 person team (along with ad writers and graphic designers), increased company sales share
through department from 4.2% to 12%-15% per month (average), and at times reaching 20% in a slowing economy.
- Generated $5,080 in sales (over 6 months) by developing code and process to give customers
'Store Credit' to use on an online store, subtly encouraging them to purchase above credit offered.
Most Items between $20 and $100.
- Collaborate with departments to produce marketing, promotion/sales Email Blasts, Affiliate Ads and AdWords Campaigns.
- Develop strategies to minimize code-base, reuse code, and creating a template system to create web projects quicker and more efficiently.
Majority of customers were of an older demographic. I take this and User
Experience into consideration when designing new projects. I spend extra time and care on forms in
trying to create the simplest way for the user, to collect information needed. I added scripts that
auto populate City/State when user enters Zip Code and auto Credit Card Type selection based on Credit
Card Number. I also re-display entered information upon user errors and failed page submits.
I utilize PHP on pages to control pricing based on current
promotions, prices pulled from database, and Shopping Carts/Checkout procedure developed by me. (I also have a built
admin backend sections.)
SEO Web Developer • Cole Industries, Inc. • Akron, OH
February 2011 - October 2011 (9 months), (Currently working on freelance project for previous Cole owner, as PLX Industries)
- Developed websites using HTML/CSS for promotional and clean-room products.
- Developed sites with Search Engine Optimization techniques using suggested practices from Google and other SEO publications.
- Updated existing sites to comply with new design standards and increases accessibility.
- Managed over 100 domain names and monitored server up-time.
Web/Ad Designer • Buzzbin Magazine • Massillon, OH
October 2009 - April 2011 (1 year 7 months)
- Maintained coding and graphics for company website and responsible for coding new modules to implement into site.
- Produced informative and attractive Magazine Ads for clients.
- Authored Tech/Movie articles for a monthly Entertainment Magazine(20,000 distributed per month) and Web.
- only articles of mine are still on site. They have updated designs a few times since my departure. Friends with owner.
Web Application Developer • Black Creek Solutions • Green, OH
October 2009 - May 2010 (8 months) (Freelance, short contract job. Good standing with owner.)
- Helped develop a golf club manufacturer and legal news websites with HTML/CSS, PHP/MySQL, some exposure to Object Oriented Programming and MVC architecture pattern.
Web Application Developer • Logic Partners, Inc. • Fairlawn, OH
April 2008 - April 2009 (1 year) (Buckeye Mountain currently)
[www.BuckeyeMountain.com] (did not build site, but great explaination of software I had the privelidge of helping develop for a short time.)
- Upgraded existing code and created new modules for Repair & Tracking Web Application for the Railroad Industry.
- Introduced to Linux OS hosting and testing environment (terminal commands) and took on responsibilities maintaining copies of code using Subversion Version Control and ensuring daily database backups.
Web Application Developer • Busson Portrait Directories • Barberton, OH
April 2005 - August 2009 (4 years 5 months) (Out of business, purchased by Olan Mills, but owner still operates a sister business, and I have contact info of my Manager and Co. Owner)
[www.BussongDigital.com] (did not build site, at least not this version, Sister Company)
- Designed company website and web applications used by company's customers using HTML, PHP CSS and MySQL.
- Created Web Applications to replace tasks to save time and money for multiple departments, such as an Online Directory Proofing System, template system for creating custom picture directories and an Online Photography Scheduling System to sign church members up for photography sessions.
- Developed a promotional campaign for the online services used and distributed by sales representatives.
- Introduced to Web Standards and implemented into projects to help enforce a positive user experience.